(kidding about that last one, really)
I think I will try a challenge also. I am going to attempt to spend 60 days paying homage to those things for which I am so incredibly thankful. My goal: to look back on those 60 days and feel that I really and truly have much to appreciate, and maybe influence others to see their own lives from a different perspective.
So... Let's call this "Thankful: Day One"
On Day One I would like to pay tribute to something I am profoundly thankful for, something that is irreplaceable, at times irreverent, and unequivocally unique:
my Dad
No matter who we are, we all have that man who has imprinted on us memories that we carry with us for life. Let me say that I am, without hesitation, my father's biggest fan. This is a man who can make me laugh, cry, and smile by thinking only of memories of him.
He is dry-witted, crusty, socially challenged, and stubborn. For those of you lucky enough to know him, you understand that these are all compliments, and a huge part of what makes him so fantastic! He is also kind, honest, giving, and righteous. All of these things together create the greatest and most dimensional individual to ever bless my life with his presence.
This is the man consistently goes out of his way to care for and teach his children, his grandchildren, and be a role model to everyone.
Yes, Day One is for you, Daddy, my hero. I love you Dad. I am Thankful.
Thank you always for my "Hogs and kisses."

So sweet. I like your dad too!
ReplyDelete