Monday, March 14, 2011

Thankful: Day 2

A wise man once said, "In five years you will be five years older. You might as well be five years older with a degree..." ~ Grandpa Wendell Eyring

Today I am thankful for education. I just finished posting my homework and realized I am only 2 weeks from graduating with my Bachelors degree, and I am overwhelmed with happiness.

I am thankful that I was prompted to continue my schooling and not give up. I am thankful for the opportunities I have been afforded because of my dedication to school work.

Alas, there have been many sacrifices: time, family, activities, ...sleep.
      Yes. Definitely sleep.
               Did I mention I have sacrificed sleep? (yawn)

So today I am five years older, five years wiser,
                          ...and I look like I have been awake for five years.

But I am thankful.

                                                        


No comments:

Post a Comment