We seem to be more deprived of it than most people, probably because we all take to the indoors to avoid losing parts of our bodies to frost for six months out of the year...
Moving here in October was a ridiculously poor choice in timing, but now in March we're no worse for the wear, except we are all as white as the frozen crap that is (still) a foot and a half up my front door. (insert exasperated sigh here)
I used to have a tan. Used to.
I looked in the mirror this weekend and nearly blinded myself. I'm such a holy shade of stark alabaster... it's shocking. Really.
So I bought vitamin D for the kiddo's this weekend, and a little for myself. I figure if I can't get the natural, free kind, I'll substitute. Maybe my children will stop looking like that weird basement-dwelling boy from the movie "Powder" (don't lie, you all know you watched it.)
I'm thankful for the Sun, it's warmth, it's energy, and most of all it's ability to thaw out the frozen tundra we call home. I love you, Sun. I miss you... come visit us... please?

Love your blog and I love your writing. You crack me up (always have),"Holy shade of stark alabaster"? I dont know anyone else who would describe it quite like that. You are so funny.
ReplyDeleteI got sun. I can mail you some? Cool pic:) I have a tan all year round. As for your brother, he is permanantly white! No amount of sun can change this...lol
ReplyDelete