Unfortunately when you are a working mom, you tend to lose touch with some of those fun domestic activities that you would otherwise revel in. This is the way it has been with me and cooking. I love to cook, LOVE it. But after 12 hours in an office followed by homework I lack the energy required for the kind of over-the-top cooking I enjoy. But tonight, oh tonight.
Meatloaf.
Potatoes.
Green Beans.
Yum.
I slaved, I mixed, I baked, I peeled, it was pure art. I figured I'd get a compliment from Harrison, and a complaint from Bubba, since it encompasses two food groups he hates: vegetables and anything not covered in cheese...
So I set the open can of green beans on the counter, intending to warm them for dinner. Two minutes is all it took, I looked away and back again, and POOF.
Green beans gone.
And there was Bubba, covered in green bean drippings, smiling as he reached into the can for the last of the cold, floating, stragglers, saying "Oh my. Green bings are my favorite".
Shows how much I know.
That's awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteBut did you get that compliment from Harrison???
ReplyDeleteHAHA, yes, he complimented me by having a second... and third helping! Guess I ought to cook more often.
ReplyDelete