Hi, my name is Randa, Queen of the Procrastinators.
Time to play catch-up, I suppose, since I'm behind on my blog posts. I find in life that I am always one step behind where I want to be, and two steps ahead of the bank. Guess it could be worse?
Anyway, I digress. So let's pay a hearty tribute to those things for which I am thankful, and which I have obviously neglected to express in a timely fashion:
"Thing" number 5 would be Girlfriends.
How many of you have that one person who you can always count on, always talk to, and always laugh
I do! I do!
So I am thankful for my Girlfriend.
Friend, I can tell you anything, and you'll either laugh with me, cry with me, or help me... but never judge me. A toast to you, my BFF!
BFF Teri with Bubba, 2011
Moving on... to "Thing" number 6: I am thankful for... a SMALL bed.
>Did I just say that out loud?<
For if it wasn't for a small bed, I wouldn't have as much opportunity to cuddle with the "Wee'est of the Wards".
And cuddling is what Momma's do best.
...Well, cuddling and fixing boo boo's... oh, and making dinners, laundry, running carpools, puke duty, exploding diaper changes, grocery shopping... and kisses. Let us not forget kisses. I suppose you get the point.
So here's to you, tiny bed, filled nightly with the Wee Ward Four. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Alas, we move on to Thankful: Thing 7.
I loathe it, I dread it, and I can't wait to get out of it. But I'm thankful for it nonetheless... What, you ask?
My Job. (insert ominous organ music here)
I work in a high-stress, busy IT environment that takes me from the comfort of my bed each morning before sunrise, and delivers me to my doorstep at sunset. But for the many who are jobless during these tough economic times, I know I have much to be thankful for.
I have a paycheck, healthcare for my family, and a sense of stability. But OH how I miss my children during the day.
As much as I dislike you, job, I am still thankful to have you.
At least my coworkers are fun ---->
And finally we come to rest on today's thankful thoughts:
Thankful: Day 8.
Have you ever had a chance to just sit and listen to the sounds in your house? As I type this blog I hear the giggles and sing-songs coming from the next room over, where my two Wee Wards are piled up in one bed (mine, of course, please refer to Thing 2 above...) and watching The Goodnight Show together.
There is something so perfect, innocent, and awesome about the carefree giggles of toddlers, and something even more INSPIRING about their ability to laugh at the things that most adults would overlook... like a YAWN, a sneeze, or a lady bug crawling down the wall.
Apparently these are a few of the funniest things... to my toddlers.
The giggly ring dancing through the walls right now is more beautiful than any symphony ever written. I'm thankful for the music in my children's laughter.




No comments:
Post a Comment